Born in Beirut, Lebanon in 1963, Nahas's life with art began with his first solo exhibition in Lebanon in 1992 after graduating from Paris National Superior University of Fine Arts. The artist devoted another 3 years of art in his homeland before getting the regional and international recognition as his brilliant artwork reached to Dubai, Syria, Jordan, France, Belgium, Germany and Canada where he participated in various group exhibitions over the years.
In order for the public to understand the style as well as the evolution of the style of Nahas, the artist carefully selected a collection of his artwork that spans over various stages of his life and career. The stages that Nahas went through reflect extensive research and discoveries that he made throughout his life. The works in black and white reflect the abruptness and speed of impulse and is created in a way as if the artist is trying to express anger at a chaotic world that at time seems mad and unjust. Most of Nahas's work is united with one single theme where the black color is primarily used to deliver the strokes that are most difficult in a manner that is genuine and understated exactly the same way the color black is perceived.
His artwork featured in many group exhibitions, namely:
- 1987-1988 Sursok Museum Beirut, Lebanon
- 1993 University of Montreal, Canada
- 1995-1997 Sursok Museum Beirut, Lebanon
- 1997 Biennale Latakieh, Syria
- 1999 Symposium, institution of Modern
- 2001 Centre Wallonie Brussels, Belgium
Jean-Mark also participated in several Solo exhibitions, namely:
- 1991 Gallery Pink, Canada
- 1992 Gallery «Epreuve d Artistes», Lebanon
- 1995 Ministry of Tourism, Paris, France.
- 1996 Green Art Gallery Dubai, UAE
- 1999 French CS, Deir el Kamar, Lebanon
- 2003 French CS, Chouf , Lebanon
- 2004 Beirut, Lebanon
- 2006 Zico house « Catastrophe », Beirut, Lebanon